|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|MATH 045||Basic Mathematics||(4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.|
The topics covered in this course include arithmetic with whole numbers, fractions, decimals, percentages and proportions. In addition, several topics from geometry are included.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Competence with addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers without the aid of a calculator.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Calculate sums, differences, products and quotients involving fractions.
- Solve ax = b and x + a = b where a and b are whole numbers, fractions, or decimals.
- Convert between fraction, decimal, and percent forms of a number.
- Compare quantities using ratios or unit rates.
- Solve consumer applications.
- Calculate sums, differences, products and quotients involving decimals.
- Solve proportion problems.
- Solve percentage problems.
- Apply the order of operations procedure.
- Apply mathematical terminology, such as sum, product, difference, quotient, commutative, associative, factor, multiple, prime, etc.
- Calculate perimeters of polygons and circumference of a circle.
- Calculate areas of rectangles, triangles and circles.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the MATH section of the current course schedule for availability.