|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|MUSIC 172||Music Technology 2||(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.|
This course will deal with advanced functions of Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software and synthesis with the assistance of MIDI hardware and a desktop computer.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced functions of the performance and edit modes of a multi-timbral synthesizer.
- Demonstrate advanced functions and edit modes of software synthesizers.
- Create original sounds using hardware and software synthesizers.
- Incorporate original sounds into originally-composed music.
- Demonstrate advanced functions of a DAW software application.
- Demonstrate advanced applications of digital audio and sampling in the context of DAW software.
- Demonstrate advanced creation of music using synthesis and digital audio through the use of DAW software.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the MUSIC section of the current course schedule for availability.