|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|MUSIC 216||Voice Class 4 Performance - Advanced||(2-0) 2 Cr. Hrs.|
This is the final course in a series of four voice classes for students interested in developing their vocal skills. This is a voice class for singers preparing for a career in singing or for advanced singers wishing to learn the art of performance before an audience.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Consent of instructor.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate experienced vocal techniques to meet the requirements of more technically demanding repertoire.
- Utilize language and phonetics in their vocal exercises and repertoire.
- Demonstrate expression in his/her singing.
- Demonstrate effective physical approach to vocal performance (posture, poise, stage presence, etc.).
- Distinguish musical and vocal styles.
- Demonstrate accuracy in following a composer's written notation regarding notes, rhythms, control of pulse, dynamics and expression marks.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the MUSIC section of the current course schedule for availability.