|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|MUSIC 264||Practice Teaching and Practicum in Piano Teaching 8||(1-1) 2 Cr. Hrs.|
Piano teachers will learn to create and present effective lesson plans that include repertoire, theory concepts, rhythm, tone, touch and hand position through the eighth semester of piano study.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Teach children’s lessons effectively through the eighth semester of piano study.
- Create lesson plans for children's piano lessons.
- Demonstrate effective timing in a piano lesson.
- Identify appropriate repertoire for the eighth semester of piano study.
- Construct lesson plans that include theory concepts, rhythm, tone, touch and hand position.
- Critique videotapes of one’s own teaching of the late intermediate/early advanced student.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the MUSIC section of the current course schedule for availability.