|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|NURS 139||Advanced Concepts in Practical Nursing||(1.5-4.5) 3 Cr. Hrs.|
This capstone course covers advanced medical-surgical topics as well as issues related to licensure and employment for the practical nurse. In clinical practice, emphasis is placed on functioning with greater independence in providing care to groups of patients. Students gain experience as an active member of the nursing team while working with staff personnel.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply the nursing process to clients with common cardiac arrhythmias.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with integumentary alterations.
- Apply the nursing process to clients in shock.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with disorders of the reproductive system.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with cancer.
- Apply the nursing process and leadership principles to manage care for a group of clients.
- Describe techniques and strategies utilized for a job interview.
- Complete a career portfolio.
- Prepare to write the NCLEX-PN.
- Utilize Computerized Testing to improve test taking strategies in preparation for the NCLX-PN.
- Demonstrate designated clinical competencies.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the NURS section of the current course schedule for availability.