|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|OIS 165||Microsoft Word for Windows||(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.|
This course is designed to provide practical hands-on experience using Microsoft Word for Windows. Students will create, format, and edit business documents. In addition, students will work with tables, charts, graphs, diagrams, templates and wizards, AutoText, Web pages and hyperlinks. While manipulating text, students will learn to add visual appeal to documents as well as how to use writing tools and special features.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- OIS 105 or equivalent.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Manipulate text within and between documents.
- Create various documents.
- Format documents using special features, styles, and outlining.
- Examine the writing tools in Microsoft Word.
- Manipulate tabs, headers, footers, and page numbers in a document.
- Create newspaper columns, tables, charts, diagrams, Web pages, and hyperlinks.
- Prepare a document using borders, images, and shapes.
- Manipulate documents using Excel.
- Demonstrate essential business communication skills.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the OIS section of the current course schedule for availability.