|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|OIS 255||Office Procedures||(2-0) 2 Cr. Hrs.|
This course is designed to enhance the students’ knowledge regarding basic office skills. Students will learn office functions such as reprographics, records management, telephone techniques and etiquette, mailing and shipping services, meeting and conference planning, travel arrangements, as well as the importance of written communication and public relations.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- OIS 100 or equivalent.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Develop personal qualities necessary to succeed in an office occupation.
- Demonstrate effective time management strategies and techniques.
- Analyze methods by which documents originate.
- Demonstrate basic filing methods.
- Prepare appropriate travel arrangements.
- Prepare meeting minutes.
- Identify essential business communication skills.
- Demonstrate essential business communication skills.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the OIS section of the current course schedule for availability.