|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|PE 106||Beginning Swimming||(1-1) 2 Cr. Hrs.|
This course is for the student who has little or no skill and knowledge of swimming techniques. Fundamental instruction in the basic swimming strokes, including front crawl, back crawl, elementary back stroke, side stroke, elementary diving and water safety skills will be introduced.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Perform the elementary backstroke, breaststroke, back crawl, front crawl, and sidestroke.
- Perform simple dives from poolside.
- Perform elementary forms of water safety.
- Explain various fitness principles as they relate to exercising purposefully and safely.
- Produce desired physical changes through training that are measureable.
- Perform various exercises in class to develop an interest and knowledge about training the body in different ways.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the PE section of the current course schedule for availability.