|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|PE 114||Pilates Mat Work||(1-1) 2 Cr. Hrs.|
This course offers students an effective conditioning program for the entire body using a series of floor exercises to increase mobility, strength, flexibility and concentration. The exercise program is designed for those who want to improve core strength to maintain a healthy back, to ease into exercise and to improve posture and balance; it provides challenge with little to no impact to joints. Proper breathing and correct spinal alignment will be emphasized.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Integrate the basic principles that together create a safe and effective Pilates program.
- Explain the concepts of core strength and stability as they apply to Pilates exercises.
- Apply the concepts of core strength and stability to the exercises practiced in class.
- Apply Pilates principles and concepts to various fitness modalities and movement in daily life.
- Modify exercises to accommodate physical limitations and challenge skill level.
- Reinforce healthy posture and body awareness as they relate to movement.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the PE section of the current course schedule for availability.