|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|PE 116||Intermediate Swimming||(1-1) 2 Cr. Hrs.|
For students who have the ability to swim two lengths of the pool and stay afloat for three minutes. Designed to increase skill and knowledge in the basic swimming strokes, diving and water safety skills. Some stroke variations and synchronized swimming techniques may be covered.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Perform elementary backstroke, breaststroke, back crawl, front crawl and side stroke.
- Dive from poolside as well as simple spring board diving.
- Demonstrate various water safety skills.
- Explain various fitness principles as they relate to exercising purposefully and safely.
- Produce desired physical changes through training that are measureable.
- Perform various exercises in class to develop an interest and knowledge about training the body in different ways.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the PE section of the current course schedule for availability.