|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|PE 141||Basketball||(1-1) 2 Cr. Hrs.|
This course covers the history of the sport, basic techniques, fundamental skills, strategy and rules and gives students the opportunity to participate in a competitive situation.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate the necessary skills (shooting, passing, dribbling, rebounding, etc.) to play the game of basketball.
- Show improved cardiovascular endurance.
- Demonstrate cooperation and teamwork.
- Cultivate an appreciation for the game of basketball.
- Demonstrate understanding of the rules of basketball.
- Explore the strategies of the game of basketball through competitive games.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the PE section of the current course schedule for availability.