|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|PE 166||Self Defense||(1-1) 2 Cr. Hrs.|
This course combines various methods of self-defense with an emphasis on Judo. Related techniques of Jujitsu and Karate will be covered.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- A physical examination is recommended.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Perform the basic skills of martial arts that include techniques from Judo/Jujitsu, Karate and Aikido.
- Apply martial arts techniques to defend one's self in case of physical attack.
- Build a level of physical fitness that will allow the student to perform martial arts techniques at a beginning level.
- Summarize the nature and proper use of self-defense techniques.
- Develop confidence in the ability to use martial arts skills and techniques.
- Develop awareness of environments and conditions likely to pose a threat to physical safety.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the PE section of the current course schedule for availability.