|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|THEA 208||Acting 1||(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.|
A beginning course to prepare the actor for acting. Training in voice and body development that not only is applicable to the stage but to daily life is covered. Exercise work in concentration, relaxation, awareness, sensitivity and body alignment is introduced and applied to scene work from modern drama.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate how to control body movements.
- Demonstrate how to control the vocal instrument.
- Use basic acting theory to create characterization.
- Use basic stage terminology.
- Create a character in the context of a play.
- Demonstrate imagination while performing.
- Demonstrate concentration while performing.
- Demonstrate observation while performing.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the THEA section of the current course schedule for availability.