|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|THEA 221||Theatre Activities 4||(1-0) 1 Cr. Hrs.|
This course is a continuation of THEA 220 and will continue to explore all the elements of theatre: actor, director, playwright, scenery, costumes, makeup, lighting, sound, audience, theatre publicity, theatre management and critic. Students are required to work on current production.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- THEA 220 recommended.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Assist in any technical aspect of a production.
- Demonstrate a proficient knowledge of how to use set construction tools independently.
- Demonstrate a proficient knowledge of lighting instruments and the focus and gel of lights independently.
- Paint scenery independently.
- Construct scenery independently.
- Handle any technical part of a production independently.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the THEA section of the current course schedule for availability.